• The Church of St. Martin dates back to 1450, and it is found on today’s cemetery, where the history of Losinj may be read. Priests that once served in this church where glagolitic, and next to their priestly activities they also served as notary publics and assisted the locals with drafting of the wills, agreements etc.
  • The parochial Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary and the plaza date back to 1696-1775. The church has three naves; on the altar there are the relics of St. Romuald and the painting of the birth of Virgin Mary.
  • Cikat – church of the Assumption of Virgin Mary (Annunziata). Built in 1534 and enlarged in 1858. On the spot where it was built, sail boats were coming in and leaving Losinj. Today, if a ship passing by the cape of Annunziata sounds with a siren as a greeting, it is known that the captain is from Losinj.
  • Numerous villas of the Austrian aristocracy.
  • Monument to Ambroz Haracic (1885-1916), professor of the maritime school and researcher of the island’s flora and fauna.
  • Maritime school “Ambroz Haracic” shaped as a ship with a commanding bridge.
  • Andra Vida’s and Katarina Mihicic’s art collection and the collection of old painters of the Piperat, contains some 20 oil and water-colour paintings of Italian, French and Dutch painters from the 17th and 18th centuries.
  • The Church of St. Nicholas from 1857 dedicated to St. Nicholas the bishop patron of sailors and travellers.
  • Monument to Josip Kasman (1847-1925), world-renowned opera singer born in Mali Losinj.
  • Apoksiomen – sculpture in bronze, representing a Greek athlete in its natural size, around 2000 years old, recently found in Losinj’s submarine.


  • Parochial Church of St. Anthony (The hermit) first built in 1480, while today it is in a baroque style rebuilt in 1774; inside, there are numerous art objects and the organ of the builder Callida; Vivarini; Mother of God with baby and saints; relics of St. Gregory.

  • The Fortress dates to 1445, built to protect the harbour against pirate attacks from the sea. The Fortress was the motif for the coat of arms of Veli Losinj. Today the Fortress is a museum and a gallery open to all visitors of Veli Losinj.

  • Church of the Mother of Angel built in 1566, transformed by the captains of Veli Losinj into an art gallery.

  • The park “Predvorji“, once with the winter house of the Hapsburg archduke Karl Stephan “Seewarte”, today is a renowned climatic spa.

  • Rovenska – the breakwater from 1856 built as a protection from storms and strong winds; the first stone was set down by the archduke Maximilian Hapsburg

  • The Church of St. Nicholas from the 15th century, it is believed that this is the starting point of the development of Veli Losinj Church of St. John by which the mountain received its name; panoramic view of Veli Losinj and Mali Losinj; walking trail to the most southern part of the island of Losinj


  • Benedictine abbey of St. Nicholas from the 11th century, with a big cross called “Veliki Bog” (Big God) or in local dialect “Veliki Bouh” from the 12th century, which according to the legend was brought to the island with the waves and the Benedictines took it into the church and it cannot be taken out

  • Local cemetery, completely exposed to sunlight

  • Colourful national costume, archaic language, vineyards


  • big stone touch for the olive oil from 1676 with Glagolitic inscriptions

  • Church of St. Andrew in today’s form since 1911 with a belfry from 1857.


  • The town museum is host to the “Osor music evenings“, which are held since 1976 in the summer months

  • Town museum – once the City Hall during the 15th century (remains from the ancient Christian times and earlier)

  • Museum of sacral art is in the former Bishop’s Palace

  • Archaeological collection of Osor

  • The Cathedral built in 1463-1498 (position N – S). The main altar is in the baroque style and holds the relics of St. Gaudencius, bishop and patron of Osor

  • Town walls

  • Antique pavement mosaic in the Church of St. Mary on the cemetery and the six-sided baptistery from the 5th and 6th centuries


  • Franciscan monastery with a three-story renaissance belfry from the 16th century

  • Parochial Church of Our Lady of Health, second half of the 19th century

  • Castle of the patrician of Osor Kolan Draža from the 15th century

  • First parochial Church of St. Mary Magdalene built in 1534

  • Osorscica – hiker trail, mountain of St. Nicholas with a chapel, a beautiful belvedere; mountain Televrin 589 m, cave St. Gaudencius and Vela Jama.


  • Benedictine abbey of St. Paul from the 11th century on a small island with the same name; a cemetery where even today funerals are transported with fishing boats
  • Square stronghold from the 1597, built to control the sea and protect sailors from constant pirate attacks.
  • On the mountain Straza there are the remains of a fortress from the Bronze Age.


  • Church of St. Jacob in the cemetery from 1624. This date is engraved with letters H I G (1624) on the marble stone above the entrance
  • Parochial church of St. Mary built in the 19th century, on the main altar Mother Mary of the Rosario with St. Dominic, St. Carl and St. Jacob


Parochial church with wooden baroque sculptures of St. George and St. Roko